Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year - 50th Anniversary Layout


Happy New Year!! I hope everyone has had a great start to 2011. One of my plans and goals for this year is to do more to develop my blog. More posts, entering and hosting challenges, and videos. I know that there is some amazing talent out there and I am not trying to compete with it. I am trying to challenge myself to grow and develop my talents as a crafter and I hope by adding some of these things I can do that.

Anyway, on to my first post of 2011! I have a project in the works that I will posting tomorrow. I didn't get it quite finished and really wanted to post on January 1, so here is another one. This is a layout I made for my parents and framed as a Christmas gift. This past June they celebrated their 50th anniversary which is something to really be proud of. I am working on a scrapbook of their pictures from their party, but this fall was so hectic that I've barely started. This layout was a quick and simple one that I framed in a scrapbook frame from Hobby Lobby. The background paper is from Martha Stewart that I bought in a pad last summer when Walmart was getting rid of all of their Martha Stewart stuff. I matted the photos with cream, then gold from the same stack. The title was from Winter Woodland cut at 2" in cream and shadowed in gold. I didn't feel like this needed a lot of embellishment as the paper was so pretty and I wanted the focal point to really be the pictures. All I added was some gold ribbon which I got at Walmart.

By the way, in the picture where they are facing each other my dad is singing to my mom "Always" which is the song he sang to her at their wedding! I hope you've enjoyed my first post of 2011. Keep checking back for more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!! I love your comments!!