Wednesday, January 5, 2011

DT Submission for My Pink Stamper - You're Elephantastic!



One of my all-time favorite bloggers, My Pink Stamper, has issued a design team call. I love Robyn's blog and have been following her since back when her blog was still on blogspot! In fact, I think her blog was the first one I ever followed after getting my cricut. I got to know her work on the old Cricut messageboard. I love her designs and am proud to say she is from Oklahoma! She has issued a Design Team challenge, and I was excited to participate. I've never been on a Design Team, and if I was selected by Robyn I would be thrilled!

The challenge she posted was to make a project with the cricut that incorporated her three favorite colors:
Pink
Green
Brown
And we can add an optional color of our choice.

The recipe for my card is as follows:
White card base
The following pieces of cardstock and paper from Close to My Heart
2 pieces of Chocolate cut at 6 7/8" x 4 7/8"
2 pieces of Sweet Leaf green cut at 6 1/2" x 4 1/2"
1 piece of pink spotted paper from the Cherry-O paper pack cut at 2" x 4 1/2"
2 Elephants from Create a Critter cut at 3" and 1 1/2"
The Elephants were cut with background in Chocolate, body and ears in Heavenly
blue with the inside of the ears in Baby pink

I layered the chocolate, sweet leaf cardtock for the front. The boarder on the sweet leaf was punched using the Swiss Cheese border punch. I added the pink spotted paper and used the Pink Stamper method to add brown ribbon and a bow. Last I added the Elephant and stamped the sentiment that says "You're Elephantastic" which is by Close to My Heart. I love decorating the inside of my cards as well. For this one I simply used the other chocolate and sweet leaf layers, and added the 1" elephant.

I hope you enjoyed my card. I realized when I was finished that I didn't use much pink! (Sorry, Robyn!) Anyway, I want to wish everyone that entered good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!! I love your comments!!