Friday, January 7, 2011

Birthday BashOctopus Birthday Card



Today I wanted to share a birthday card that I made for a little boy in our church. One of my goals this year is to make and send birthday and anniversary cards for all of the people in our church. This was the first one of the year.

As usual, I put my card on a white card base. All of the paper was from the Boys and their Toys stack from Hobby Lobby. I cut 2 pieces of blue cardstock at 7 3/4" x 4 3/4". One piece was used on the front and topped with orange star patterned paper cut at 7 1/2" x 4 1/2". The blue contrast was cut at 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" and ebossed using the star cuttlebug folder. Using the green paper from the same stack, I cut the Octopus from the Birthday Bash cartridge at 4" and again at 1 1/2". The presents were cut using yellow and red cardstock. The sentiment on the front is from Close to My Heart and stamped in Cocoa ink.

On the inside I layered blue cardstock, and orange paper from the Boys stack. I added the smaller octopus and stamped the sentiment which is from Stampendous in cocoa. Sorry the pictures are so bad! That's something I'm needing to work on.

Thanks for stopping by today. Do you have lots of crafting planned for the weekend? I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!! I love your comments!!