Monday, August 23, 2010

Purse Collection









Hey, everyone!! I can't believe it's almost September. I haven't posted for a few weeks because I've been busy getting my classroom ready and starting school. Here in Northwest Oklahoma we start really early!! We started school on August 12! Anyway, I made these a couple of weeks ago, but have just now had time to post. I was really excited about these, because they were actually the first order I have ever done for anyone. I made these for a lady at our church who loves to give these as gifts!

So, on to the project. The purses were all from the Forever Young cartridge and cut at fit to page. I used the purse on one of the flower buttons that doesn't have any cut out. On the polka dotted and houndstooth purses, I cut out the patterned paper (from Paper Studio) out at fit to page, then trimmed off the bottom flaps and the closure flap. After gluing the paper on top, I folded the purses fastened them with Terrifically Tacky Tape. (I love that stuff!!) I wanted a variety of embellishments. The cherries were from Preserves, and cut out using glitter cardstock from a Christmas Mat stack from the Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby. The hearts are from Sweethearts. I cut the red one out and used both the positive and negative image on a white glitter blackout image. The zebra shoe is from Forever Young. The Eiffel Tower is from French Manor. I didn't have any black glitter cardstock, so I ran it through my Xyron and glittered it with Martha Stewart glitter. The medallion is also from French Manor. I cut it out in red glitter cartstock and the layer in black. I cut out the layer again in red glitter and cut the center out to layer. The rhinestones are self adhesive.

I love these little purses! My friend has already given several away and has already told me she will want more. She has sent them to family, given them as graduation gifts, and others. They make great gift card holders, money holders, small gift holders, or even chocolate holders!! Maybe you have a friend who a purse would make her day!! Get out your ForeverYoung cart and put a smile on someones face! Thanks for looking!!

3 comments:

  1. These are so great! Thanks so much for sharing them with us on the Circle! Bobby & Jill. http://cricutcouple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 1st sale! I like your creations and your blog. I'm following you. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are soooo cute! Thanks for posting on the Circle MB.

    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!! I love your comments!!