Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fall is in the Air!!



I love fall!!! I love the colors, the smells, and most of all the cooler weather! We aren't officially into fall yet, but when we had been averaging 105 every day here in Western Oklahoma and then have days with mornings in the 50s and highs in the 80s, it makes me feel like fall is on the way! While in my scraproom this past weekend I felt inspired to make a fall themed card.

The card base is the white, premade 5x6 card. My first layer was dark burgandy cardstock from Hobby Lobby cut at 4 7/8" x 6 7/8". The next layer was New England Ivy from Close to My Heart cut at 4 1/2"x 6 1/2". I embossed this piece with my Cuttlebug using the Autumn Type Folder. I inked over the embossed area with a Copper Cat's Eye ink pad. I cut the scalloped oval from Lacy Labels at 4 inches. The shadow piece is Autumn Terracotta from CTMH. I inked all the edges with a chestnut Cat's Eye ink. The stamped image is from Stampendous and called Harvest Angel. I colored her with my prisma pencils using the Goo Gone technique. I accented her wings, halo and scrolls on her skirt with Copper Stickles to give her some bling. The gold ribbon is from Hobby Lobby, and the jeweled leaf accent is from a pack of buttons in the fabric section of Walmart. I tacked it to the ribbon with gold thread.

For the inside of the card I again layered the burgandy and New England Ivy cardstock. The leaf accent was cut from Stretch Your Imagination at 2 inches using Autumn Terracotta and gold from the Die Cuts With a View. I have to say that the leaves on Stretch Your Imagination are my favorite leaf cuts to use! The stamped sentiment is also from Stampendous and was stamped in Chocolate ink from CTMH.

I hope you have enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making it!

8 comments:

  1. Great project very pretty. I just signed up to follow and am stopping by from the Cricut Circle Blog Motivation Support group to give you a nudge. I can't wait to see more projects from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!

    and here's a nudge nudge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!! I love your comments!!