Monday, July 26, 2010

You're a Peach!



Hey, everyone! I just wanted to share my latest card that I made for my husband's aunt. She's one of those ladies that has amazing hospitality whenever you come over. We visited her a few couple of weeks ago while visiting my in-laws. She sent us home with a loaf of homemade bread (YUM!!) and some amazing peach jelly that she had just been canning. I decided to send her this card as a thank you.

As usual I put my card on a white pre-made base. The green base piece of my card was cut at 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" The color is Topiary from Close to my heart and inked around the edges with my chestnut Cat's Eye ink. On top of that I put a piece of cream colored cardstock that I cut at 4 1/2" x 6 1/2". I used the Threading Water boarder punch on the bottom and ran it through my Swiss Dots cuttlebug folder. The edges were inked with Cocoa Cat's Eye ink. I was going for a "Country Kitchen" look and thought the green gingham paper cut at 2 1/2" was a perfect touch. It was inked with Cocoa as well. The peaches are from the Preserves cartridge. The large one is 3" and the smaller one is 2". I cut the base for each one twice, once in brown and once in topiary green. The top layer is peach from the Vintage Core'dinations cardstock stack. I trimmed the leaf off of the brown layer so that when stacked and glued the leaf would show, but the middle would be brown. I cut the flowers from cream cardstock, but I decided that I didn't like the big flowers that matched the sizes. So, I used the two inch flower for the three inch peach, and the 1 1/2 inch flower for the 2 inch peach. The peaches were inked with Chestnut Cat's Eye Ink. The brown ribbon was from Walmart. I was very proud of the sentiment as it was my first time using the Centerpoint button on my E. (Thanks My Pinkstamper for the great tutorial!!) I printed the sentiment was computer generated on the computer. I used the Centerpoint button to cut the piece at 1 1/2" from Lacy Labels on cream cardstock, with the other pieces that went with the cut in topiary and peach core'dinations.

On the inside card I layered the topiary and cream cardstock as on the front. I stamped the checked boarder with Sweet Leaf ink from Close to my Heart. The peach on the inside was cut at 1 1/2" with the flower at 1".

Thanks for looking! I hope you enjoyed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!! I love your comments!!