Monday, June 28, 2010

50th Wedding Aniversary Album pt. 1


I have been working on an album for my parents 50th wedding anniversary which was last week. I hate to say, but I didn't get the entire album finished by their anniversary. I will be showing what I have done in a series of posts, then the rest as I get it done. I realized when posting this, that I have never posted a layout since starting this blog. One of my goals is to get back to scrapbooking. I started this "obsession" to scrapbook my children. I bought my cricut because I could not achieve the pages I wanted on my own! Over the past couple of years, however, I've become a card maker. I enjoy making cards because they are a smaller project that I can get done in an hour or so, while layouts usually take me longer. So...hopefully you will see more layouts in the future.

I will tell you my scrapbooking style is very simple because I focus more on the pictures than the elements of the page. This is especially true with this type of album. I am redoing an album that my mother did years ago. Not only have my parents been married for 50 years they also have been in the ministry that long as pastors and evangelists. This album was one my mother did while we were evangelists as a child for people to see the history of our family. It features pictures of my family traveling, playing instruments and singing, and the churches they have pastored. It's very special to our family.

This first page is a simple layout of their wedding picture. I used pink core'dinations cardstock as the background since pink was their wedding colors. Behind their picture is the round doily cut from the cricut Mother's Day seasonal cartridge which I cut at fit to page in cream colored cardstock. I used brown chalk to antique the edges. The "Husband and Wife" title was cut at 1 1/2 " from the Heritage cart in rose Core'dinations cardstock (that will cut intricate cuts like butter!). The journaling tag is a charm cut from the Heritage cart as well cut in cream cardstock with a rose colored frame. I wrote the journaling in gold gel pen telling when and where they were married and added the gold ribbon from walmart. Thanks for looking!! I hope you'll continue to follow me in this journey through this album!

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting!! I love your comments!!