Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Treats


Life has been crazy!!! Work, church and two sick kids have not allowed me a lot of cricut time. I finally got the chance to play this week. The staff at my school drew names for secret valentine's. This is one of the treats I took this week. It turned out so cute I made another for my son's first grade teacher.
Sorry the photos aren't very good. I was taking a quick pic before heading out the door!

This one is the pillow box from the Easter 2010 cart. I think it was cut at 10 inches. I drug it out on Design Studio until it was the size I wanted. It has a cut out of an Easter Bunny on top, so I used the hide contour feature so it would not cut. I cut the box out of white cardstock and again out of the red valentine paper which is from the Paper Studio All Seasons stack. I trimmed the heart paper to just cover the top. (That's when I got the idea to make another one since I had the other half left!) The big heart on top was from Doodlecharms cut at 3 inches. I stamped it with a sentiment from Stampendous Changito clear valentine stamps. It says, "Sending you a big hug!" I cut another heart at 11/2 inches using the charm feature to make the tag with the to and from on it. I made one of these for my secret valentine at school and the one in the photo for my son's first grade teacher. I filled it with valentine M&Ms. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!! I love your comments!!