Friday, January 22, 2010

Just Because card for Hubby!!



Well I'm amazed and proud!! I'm actually posting twice in one week!! I made this card last night for my husband. I actually could have saved it for Valentines day, but he surprised me yesterday by bringing home a new Martha Stewart punch!! So, I wanted to do something for him since he contributed to my "crapbooking" as he calls it. ;)

The card base is an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of black cardstock folded in half. I layered the front with a piece of red cut at 8 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches, then the red and black striped paper cut at 8 x 5 inches. I cut a piece of white carstock at 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches and embossed it with my new Queen of Hearts cuttlebug folder then inked it with black and red. Using my Indie Art cricut cartridge I cut out the dice at 1 3/4 inches in red foil paper with a white background and the word Lucky the same size out of red foil shadowed in black. On the inside I matted the card with a piece of white cut at 8 x5 inches inked in black and added another pair of dice cut the same size. I wrote "because I have you" on the inside.

I was really proud of this card because, as you all know, cards for guys are really tough! I hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!! I love your comments!!