Monday, June 13, 2011

Card for Cricut Circle Weekend Challenge



One of my goals is to start entering challenges. Every weekend on the Cricut Circle message board there is a challenge posted. It's a great way to challenge my creativity and get some great inspiration from a lot of talented ladies. This weekend's challenge was to use a font cartridge.

I chose the Songbird cardridge. I love the font on this cart because it is so pretty, but I also love all of the bird images that are on there. I layered my card front with two shades of blue cardstock from Core'dinations. The first was cut at 7 7/8" x 4 7/8" and the second layer was cut at 7 5/8" x 4 5/8 inches. I ran the lighter blue through my cuttlebug using the Stylized Flowers folder and sanded the image. The frame behind the bird was also cut from Songbird at 4". The cream and brown dotted paper is from the Mirabella stack from the Paper Studio. Finally, I cut out the flowerpot and bird image. The perch feature on Songbird has a lot of really pretty bird images. I cut it twice at 3" once in brown and once in blue. I trimmed the blue bird off the pot and layered it over the brown one. Then I cut the shadow in dark brown. I inked everything with Chestnut ink.

After assembling all the pieces I added brown grosgrain ribbon, with an accent from the Buttercup ribbon collection from Close to My Heart. Then I added Summer Flowersoft to the top of the pot. The sentiment inside was also from Close to My Heart and stamped in Outdoor Denim ink. I cut another bird and flowerpot image at 2" and added the bird inside.

I hope you've enjoyed my card today. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute card:)

    Stop by my blog for our Father's Day Blog Hop:)
    Myself and a couple of others are giving away some fun Blog Candy:)
    http://chatterscene-mom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!! I love your comments!!