Monday, June 13, 2011

Baseball is Life Layout




Hey, everyone!! I wanted to share a layout with you today. I am so far behind on my scrapbooking I hate to think about it! I'm trying to get better about scrapping current things so I don't get farther behind, then picking up what I'm behind on. This layout is for my son's baseball team this year. This is his first year of playing little league baseball on a traveling team, which is a big deal where we live! I wanted to do a two page layout so I could display his team picture as well as some snapshots of the games.

I love the fact that I designed this whole layout on the gypsy! I used a 12x24 mat to get everything laid out the way I wanted it. Then, I copied the images to other mats so it would be easier to cut. It made this a snap to assemble once it was cut out.

For my background, I used some baseball paper from Hobby Lobby. I love the red stitching around the edges. All of the images used are from Sports Mania. I cut the "Baseball is Life" phrase at 4" in white with a shadow in red. The baseball mitt was cut 3 1/2" in brown with a lighter shade for the layer and the blackout in black. For the boarder at the bottom, I welded 3 of the boarder cuts of baseballs together which were 1 1/2". Since there is no blackout for the boarders, I used the hide contour feature to "hide the cuts for the stitches to have a blackout piece to put behind. This allowed the red "stitches" to show. I inked all of my cuts with Chestnut Cat's Eye ink. The photo mats were cut in red and blue to match his team picture.

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope everyone has a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!! I love your comments!!